SpeakMyLanguage™ Translations for Atlassian JIRA®Supports JIRA 5.X - 7.X
Plug and play integrations
Download and install the add-on
Follow these steps:
- Download the AppFusions add-on.
- Go to your JIRA admin panel
- Click on Manage add-ons in left-most menu.
- In upper-right, click on Upload Add-on
- In the Upload Plugin dialog, select the downloaded add-on file to be uploaded to JIRA.
- Click on License Details under SpeakMyLanguage for JIRA in the left-side panel.
- Copy in your AppFusions provided license - no white spaces, then click Update. Request license.
Configure SpeakMyLanguage for JIRA
After you have installed the add-on, you will need to register your JIRA system with the web-based translation engine to allow for native translations.
This document describes how to do that - but we have also briefly outlined it below.
- SpeakMyLanguage for JIRA relies on the the Web-based Bing search API (Microsoft Translator), which requires you to register your application with Microsoft Translator online.
- We recommend the free sign-up initially, and if you need to increase your subscription, you will be notified by Microsoft.
- If you do not already have an account for Microsoft Azure Marketplace, you will have to create an account.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button for the "2,000,000 characters per month".
- Once you have subscribed, go to this page: https://datamarket.azure.com/
- At the bottom of the page, you will see an option for "Register your Application".
- Click on that, and it will bring you to this page: https://datamarket.azure.com/developer/applications/register
- Enter the following Registration parameters to register your JIRA instance with the Bing search API:
|Client ID||The ID for the running the add-on. Your application's ID. It can be a mix of numbers, letters, hyphens and underscores.||For example, "AppFusionsJIRA_Stage"|
The name of the application that will be displayed to the user when asking the user’s permission to access their account.
|For example, enter "SpeakMyLanguage for JIRA, by AppFusions"|
|Client secret||The password for your application. Keep it secret. You may also provide your own, or use the provided in the screen..|
|Redirect URI||The URL of your JIRA system.||For example, https://wiki.<domainname>.com or whatever your URL is for your system|
|Enable subdomain access||Leave this option unchecked.|
|Description||Optional description for the application, visible only to you.||Optional; for example, a location for where your JIRA server is hosted.|
Once the plugin is installed, any JIRA issue can be translated on the fly, by clicking on the "Translate" link next to the header of the page.
The SpeakMyLanguage plugin sends data to Bing Translator over HTTPS to the translator's API endpoint. The transmission is encrypted with HTTPS, which is a requirement by Bing. The plugin does not send data anywhere else.